Wednesday, April 4, 2012

365+1 Week 13

This week was "Color Week" in my daily prompts. I felt like it was the perfect time for this theme with all the lovely spring colors awakening around me. The sun was shining most of the week and the weather felt like glorious days were just on the horizon. While I don't particularly like the ups and downs that spring weather brings, I love that it beckons of the glowing days of summer that are soon to arrive.

Photo's #85-91:

"Green" This is my newest house plant. I love the variation of color. We purchased it after the palm tree we had been given by my father right after we were married had reached it limits and we turned it back over to him to cut back, reshape and regrow. This lovely specimen seems a perfect fit in the room. Bringing new life to an otherwise lonely space.

"Orange" I looked for orange in the foliage around, but could find non. We do however have several new duckies and chicks at our house after the girls last evening out with my parents. It's seasonal right?!

"Yellow" This is my favorite color. So bright, so happy, so cheerful. I also happen to adore daffodils, they are one of the first to blossom in the spring, seeming to tell the snow it is time to go away for good!

"Blue" These charming Muscari bulbs grow in abundance in my back yard. They are lush and full and return each year spreading and growing and filling in all spaces and gaps- love them!

"White or Contrast" Blossoms. What more can I say! Who doesn't love these?! In my backyard I love how my trees were just starting to burst into soft, fluffy and delicate bloom next to the dark, firm architectural branches that surrounded them.

"Pink" I decided to document the official return of the open toed sandals to the world. These pink buds are one of my favorite pairs from last season, although I have already purchased some others that are threatening that title!

"Rainbow" With Easter a mere seven days away, the baskets and eggs came out. The practice hunts have begun in preparation for the actual event. You need to be sharp and alert and know ALL the tricky spots to look if you are going to be crowned champion, or so I am told!!

No comments: