Monday, October 17, 2011

Falling up and down

I am still alive, busy, but alive and well. I think this is just about the longest blogging break that I have taken, well... ever!! We have all been neck deep over here in various things. Happy and joyous things, mixed with some not so pleasant stuff- including a complete front end cooling system overhaul on my van (thank goodness I have a Paul around to temper the sting to the budget!), after finally being taken off her daily meds for her PFS, Olivia decided to relapse last week (back to the doctor we go!), and Paul was served papers- yes he is being sued for a car accident he was in FOUR years ago (we have spoken to the lawyers, they assure us we are covered and will be ok, but you can still cross your fingers for us if you would like to!)

However, they say bad things come in three's, so hopefully we are done with our quarterly life stresses!!

Always one to look on the bright side, last Friday was a bright spot! I was finally able to accompany one of my children on a field trip as a chaperon- the youngest ones do always get the most icing don't they :)

Olivia was out of school that day, so she happily joined Eva's class in some Hee Haw Farm's fun. It was a perfect fall day, a crispness in the air but the bluest skies we have seen all season. Smiles and laughter abounded and I loved seeing Eva interact with her new teacher and classmates.

Days like this one make me appreciate life, even with all it's ups and downs. The bitter truly does make the sweet all that more treasured!

4 comments:

Randy said...

So cute! I LOVE the pic of Eva with her pumpkin. What a doll! Hope things keep getting better for you all.

amberdat said...

oh what a bummer time for you guys. Both of our cars are having issues and are draining our pockets as well- we wish we lived close so Paul could come give us an honest diagnoses. I loved the cute pictures! What a fun field trip!

JJ said...

Consider our fingers crossed. I can't believe that but, then again, after all the stuff we've been through in the last 4 years, I guess nothing should really surprise me anymore.

The photos are great. What a fun trip for Liv and Eva (and mom)!

Jill said...

Sorry to hear the troubles, and I do agree it seems like they all bundle together and happen at the same time! Darling pictures, and we'll see you Saturday for the BYU game!