Monday, October 24, 2011

Overhaul

Lately, I have been feeling in a bit of a rut- style wise. Do you ever get that way? It occurred to me that I have had the same hair cut for a very very long time. In fact the last time I changed it up was before Olivia was born, nearly 7 years ago, when I did a short chin length bob. Since then, it has been the same long layers. In fact it was getting so long that it reached my hip bones in the back and I couldn't reach my arms long enough to give it a proper blow dry. That is not to mention the weight my poor little scalp was luggin around day in and day out!!

So, today, I was impulsive. I booked a salon appointment with Megan the stylist over at Images Salon. Walked in, sat down, showed her these unruly locks and informed her that I wanted bangs/fringe/ swagger. Cut the length to whatever she thought appropriate to lighten the load, freshen and add much needed lift to my heavy mane. You should have seen her grin "Oh, I live for a drastic change! Lets get this transformation going!"

I haven't had "bangs" since Jr. high school- and let me clarify that they were 80's Utah bangs! Curled up and sky high with inappropriate amounts of Aqua Net to keep them in line. Modern bangs (as seen on MANY hip ladies today) are low, soft, blended and chic--

Now, are you ready to see the new and transformed me?



Abby isn't half bad as an impromptu photographer!! I must give her the props!

I have to say I quite like it- I am still getting used to my reflection in the mirror, but I like it!! Even though Olivia keeps telling me that I look funny!! :)

10 comments:

Katie and Matt said...

LOVE IT!! Seriously. I'm jealous. :)

Sarah F. said...

Oh my....it looks amazing!!! I love it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Hillary Brown said...

LOVE IT!! you look great with bangs!

daherfamily said...

I love it! it looks awesome!!!!

TJoad said...

Oh my goodness--you look fabulous! I saw you as I pulled into the street out at the mail box. And at first, I thought it must be your sister. Now I know it was indeed you. I love mixing it up! Way to be brave!

Brooke said...

So cute, Bree! love the waves also!

Amber said...

I love you!! You look beautiful. I drastically changed my hair once... six years ago I chopped it to my shoulders and dyed it dark brown with chunky blonde highlights... it did not look great, which is why i've been long and blond ever since!! But you look amazing with the new transformation. love love love!!!

JJ said...

Beautiful! Very chic and stylish. And I'd put that Abby to work - she does a great job!

Tina DeWitt said...

Love it love it, love it! And tell Abby I am VERY impressed at her photography skills.

Jill said...

Love the new do!! Can't wait to see it in person :)