Monday, May 16, 2011

Around here...

it isn't officially spring until our tree out front begins to blossom. There are several of this variety on our street- it is stunning- and we are lucky to have a large beautiful one in our front yard. They are the last ones to bloom in the spring- the grand finale of the season- it ushers in the long awaited warmth and sunshine of summer. Abby loves to climb this tree, especially this time of year. She clothes herself in head to toe pink- pulls herself up into its lofty branches surrounded in a cloud of ruffling pink. While enveloped in the beauty, she lays back looks up at the bright blue sky filtering in the soft pink light and dreams the dreams of an 8 year old girl. What is running through her thoughts, I wouldn't know, but I do know that she thinks she is alone, that not a soul can detect her in this perfectly enchanted hiding spot. That is until her mother shows up with her camera!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ah, spring in all its splendor! Abby looks perfectly at home in the beautiful buds--what a perfect little get-a-way for her!

Katie and Matt said...

LOVE these pics! I am officially blog-stalking you :) If you would like to do the same to me, just email me at katiefugal@yahoo.com :)
p.s. Would you want to take some pics of my kiddos by chance?? I would be more than willing to reward you in $$ for your time :D

Shelli Sivert said...

I love this picture! Reminds me of "The Secret Garden."

Megan said...

Fabulous pictures! This makes me happy!

Amber said...

She looks so beautiful in that tree! You should send that picture into a magazine of SOMETHING!! She is adorable!!

Michelle said...

I love the trees that smell good. But no matter how this one smells, it looks beautiful. Abby looks more like a young woman than a girl in that photo. She is growing up so fast! And she is darling. :)