Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting it together

Ok, so we all know that checking out for a vacation ALWAYS makes me lazy in getting back into the groove. Then I went and blogged every day for 6 days- I have never done that before in the history of this blog. Basically, I wore myself out! Today I feel as though I should be saying something pertinent or interesting to woo my readers back into my lap, but alas, I am bone dry of things to say. Funny how that is right. I have been busy, really busy, uncharacteristically busy (soccer three days a week, dance lessons, piano, choral group practices and performances, classroom volunteering and parties, homework, church calling etc.) but it all just seems to be flowing from one day into the next without end. We have had to start discussing on Sunday the upcoming events of the week in order to prepare the adults and children alike. I have found that this act has single handily prevented many meltdowns that we were having on a daily basis when the kids felt as though I was springing activities on them without warning (I don't know how they can't remember from one day to the next that yes you did sign up for this, remember!) Two weeks ago I was about to pull the plug- what had we gotten ourselves into. I have always been a firm believer in not over scheduling. I am a free spirit, I like to roam in my own time and place. But as I laid out all the activities it turned out that we had one month, March, when everything was going to over lap. After that it was going to calm down a bit as they begin to end one by one over the next month or so. I concluded that all the activities were good, worthwhile and would be missed if withdrawn- we would continue as planned and enjoy the ride!
Today was wonderfully stormy- a blessing to me because the soccer game has been cancelled and now I will get myself away from this computer and clean my seriously neglected bathrooms! Blessed be the sleety rain beating itself against my windows!

P.S. A big CONGRATULATIONS to my brother Trace and his wife Amber! They had their darling little girl last Friday!!
Macie Mae
Welcome to the family little one!!
We can hardly wait to meet you!

2 comments:

JJ said...

Don't feel bad. Have you noticed how I blog lately? Nothing for weeks and then 4 or 5 posts all at once. I figure that at least I'm doing it but life has gotten away from me recently and it's the best I got.

Amber said...

Yay! That's my little sweetie! I bet you are probably exhausted! I lived your life, literally put myself in your shoes for a week, and I was soooo tired! But my respect for you and all those moms out there with kids and schedules did go up significantly... and it did help me to realize all the wonderful things that are in store for me and my family as we grow! Thanks for the congrats! Feel free to come up anytime. ;) Otherwise, we'll see you May 1st!!

p.s. I took your lotion and chapstick that you sent me to the hospital, and let's just say that there was a little bit of Maui in my delivery room, getting me through all those awful contractions (my epidural decided to shut off on one side the last 30 minutes of labor). It was a delight!! Tell the girls hi from me and give them a big squeeeeze!!