Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blending no more

My bar stools are plain. They blend into the landscape. They leave much to be desired as far as style and pop. They are hard workers, serve their purpose well, and were dirt cheap when we moved in nearly four years ago. Clearly they deserve better. I had always planned to paint them, spruce them up a bit and give them the identity we both longed for.

Many MANY months ago I came across a really cute and fun bar stool treatment over on the Crafting Chicks site. I went and bought all the stuff- then, well, time got away from me and the weather went the way of winter. Supplies were tucked away and filed under: "when life is better" in my brain.

Well, last week (when the weather was beautiful, unlike today) I decided life WAS better and I would take advantage of it! Out came the gloves, paint, scissors, fabric and Mod Podge.
We went from this:
To this:I love them! They no longer blend into the background and project their identity crisis all over the place!

Naturally I couldn't stop there so I went ahead and made a matching curtain for the window.
The old plain and sad one:
The new bright and cheerful one!
Then I changed out all the mats and swapped all the red decor for black, light green and yellow ones.

Love is not an adequate word to express how I feel about the new kitchen! It was a simple, low cost face lift- a wonderful way to usher in the new season!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

oh I love them! all of them. everything. well done. job well done.

JJ said...

Absolutely STUNNING!! I love them. Black and lime green are two of my favorite colors. I bet it's gorgeous. I have so many projects in my folder that I don't even get it out anymore.

Megan said...

Inspiring! I want to do that too...oh, wait. First I need a table and chairs. I love yours. How fun!

Sarah F. said...

Oh, Bree. You are amazing. I wish I could borrow your creative brain for just an hour.....

Laura said...

SOOOO cute! I have the same boring barstools in my kitchen and now I know how I'm going to jazz them up! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tina DeWitt said...

So stinking cute! Love the new look.

Jill said...

Great job! So nice when we check stuff off our project list!! They look great :)