Monday, March 7, 2011

Aloha! Mainlanders

We have made it home from our very fun, very sunny, very relaxing Anniversary trip to the beautiful island of Maui! Paul and I have both never been, and it did not disappoint! I hope I haven't lost all my readers in my absence, but this week will make up for it. As with all trips we came home more tired then when we left, with more laundry to do- but this time it truly was worth it!!

Before I can even begin to attempt a recap I must take a moment and thank my Sister in Law Amber for watching the girls! She is SO SO wonderful (I know you all wish you had an Amber too!) and my gratitude overfloweth for her (and for Trace letting her go for a week!). It made the trip so much better to know that all was well at home and the girls were being loved and cared for!!

Now, I have so many stories, adventures and of course pictures to share- but in order to not overload the system (and keep you coming back for more!) I have decided to post each day about what we were doing one week ago on the island.

Lets begin!

Sunday Feb. 27th- Not a very exciting day- we were traveling, starting at 4:00am until what would have been 3:00pm our time. Hawaii is 3 hours behind us so we landed at 12:00 noon. We were promptly greeted by wild chickens and Palm trees! By the time we had our rental car, checked into the condo and looked around:
Out front of our condoView from our roomWater fall and Coy pond in the garden belowOur beach
Paul was so exhausted from the traveling (and the fact that he didn't sleep the night before) that he fell asleep! I spent the evening out on the deck lounging in a chaise, sipping a soda, and reading a magazine all while watching the magnificent sunset illuminate the sky. Sorry for all of you that I didn't take any photos of the lovely scene being that I was enjoying the relaxing too much!

Monday Feb. 28- We woke up early (remember the time difference) went to the store and stocked up on Breakfast and Lunch items. The plan was to eat breakfast at home, pack picnic lunches and spend our money on dinners- it worked out smashingly! Then we went to our island experts and booked all the activities that we had been dreaming of doing for months. They were great and soon our whole week was booked up with fun things.

That afternoon we drove up the coast to the beautiful Napili Bay. We laid out our mats and enjoyed the sound of the waves breaking on shore- it was truly divine and it was the first moment that it really set in where we were- I LOVE the beach!
That night we attended a Luau at the Hyatt- Drums of the Pacific
This was fun! They pulled the pig out of the ground during a big spectacle and paraded it though the crowd. The Food was outstanding!I mean really- smoked pulled port with pineapple salsa and ripe mangoes with fresh lime- delicious!!
They sampled dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Tonga and ended with the always impressive Samoan Fire Dance!

Tuesday- we are snorkeling- come on back!!!

2 comments:

Shelli Sivert said...

Well, I thought I'd be making everyone jealous with my Disneyland pictures, but I'm guessing you won't be one of them! But you may or may not be making me jealous! :) Especially when you start talking about snorkeling. I looove snorkeling. Ahh, Hawaii. I'm glad you had a great time!

Sarah F. said...

Jealous....just plain jealous. It looks amazing and beautiful! So glad you had a great time and everything went well!