Thursday, October 7, 2010

When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam...

Can you even stand it? FINALLY it is October- the month of my most beloved of holidays. Oh, I love me some Halloween and decorating for the holiday is almost- just almost- as fun as the dressing up and the candy corns!!

This year on my annual trip out shopping with my mother in law I found some great things and I decided to mix up the kitchen decor a little. I borrowed an idea to put leaves in my Chandelier from a friend I like to call Jerianne (I have been envious of that creativity for years now), added more spiders, a watchful glittery bat and finally-- the piece I am head over heals about- I placed my skeleton in my glass jar and I am IN LOVE with it!!!

Throw in a ghost and a black cat and don't forget the corns- oh I adore the corns!!
Have you been haunting up your decor? Are you ready for the holiday as well? If it weren't for the rain, cold and chill in the air- October just might have a fight with July as my favorite month of the year!!

6 comments:

JJ said...

Wow. I know I don't deserve that shout-out. My house is nothing compared to yours. I love it all! Halloween is second only to Christmas in my book and I just LOVE the Fall. I wonder if it's because we're Fall babies?

Laura said...

So cute! We're lucky to have a scary wreath on the door and a plastic pumpkin floating somewhere around the house. You put us all to shame!

shamae said...

Wow, all I have are dad's wonderful cornstalks....and right now they are horizontal thanks to the rain. Oh well. Someday you'll rub off on me--I hope!

Brooke said...

How spooky and fun! I love the idea of the leaves and stuff hanging from the chandelier--I may steal that idea. :)

Amber said...

The decor is stunning! I wish my house looked as festive as yours. I also love the skeleton in the glass jar. So creative and so cute!

Megan said...

Love it all! Fall is my favorite!! I want to come hang out at your house. Ours...looks the same as it did before the fall.