Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Every Monday Evening

for the last two and a half months we have been here, watching her.

#53She LOVES it.

I think it is a perfect way to spend family night together.
We enjoy the fresh air, sport, competition and cheering her from the sidelines.
She is making friends, honing her skills and developing some toughness.
S-T
S-T-O
S-T-O-R-M
STORM!!!

She is completely enamored with her coaches (members of the current BYU Women's Soccer Team)- they definitely know everything she ever wanted to know and they are just SOOOO cool - so she tells me anyway. Paul is taking her to see them play later this week. Really, I don't think there could be more excitement dancing in her eyes!

Sometimes we find this:
Liv couldn't even think about holding him. Eva couldn't get her hands on him quick enough! She packed him all over the field, watching him slither around and giggling with unabashed joy.
That child has no fear, but the smell on her hands afterwords almost made me puke- we will not be having reptiles anywhere near me again!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Great pictures! Oh, I love soccer!

I would never peg Eva as a snake charmer. What is she thinking?! Good for you for letting her explore that side of her nature but I would be on the other side of the park at that point.

Michelle said...

Ah, so cute. (Abby, NOT the snake) Glad she enjoys soccer so much.

I don't consider myself to be afraid of snakes. I could definitely be near someone else holding it. BUT, I have no desire to hold it myself. Yuck. Snakes are just too slithery for me. :)

Megan said...

oh, Oh, OH!!! I wish I could tag along with Paul and Abby to the BYU game this week. Those are my favorite! All bundled, watching some fun games, sipping hot chocolate. Such fun fall memories! And go team STORM!!

I'm so amazed with Eva. I would be like Liv. Wow!

p.s. your girls are super cute!

Randy said...

When Megan says "would be", she means "am". (Great pictures, I love your posts.)
-Randy

Amber said...

That is so disgusting!!! How in the world did you of all people get a snake lover? Those things creep me out so bad. I just gained a lot more respect for that little lady.

p.s. abby is adorable as always.

Brooke said...

That is a REAL snake. OH my goodness, that girl has guts. She reminds me of Emma, who will touch all manner of creepy-crawlies.
Oh, and good pictures of Abby, the soccer star! That's so fun when they get good at something!

Jennifer said...

Hooray for Abby! Yuck for the snake--I am with you, Liv--there's no way I would pick that thing up, either!