Friday, June 25, 2010

Update, and then some

My niece Avery is out of surgery- she did so well and the doctors are pleased. You can visit Hillary from here on out to keep updated- she PROMISED me that they would keep us all informed on Avery's recovery. Keep her in your prayers- they have a 12 day hospital recovery ahead of them if all goes smoothly.

As for my little family, (it feels very insignificant considering) we have been doing lots of summer things that little girls do.
Abby has started her summer soccer camp with the Celtic Storm. She was so nervous the first day but ultimately has had a wonderful time. (I don't have any pictures, but I will take some!)

All three have been through their first session of swim lessons.I say first because Eva is the only one that passed and advanced to the next level.Liv did learn to do this with out fear:For me this is a monumental victory- but to pass Level 2 she has to glide on her back and front with her face in the water without help and she is still too nervous, but those sweet goggles are helping!Abby has done really well in Level 3 (she has the only boy teacher and informed me that "Boy teachers are the best, they know so much, plus he is a real lifeguard. Anyone else think she has a crush?!) She is stroking across the pool, but keeps stopping mid stroke and she still needs to float on her back. Anyone know a trick to get her to do this? My advice doesn't seem to be helping. It is funny to watch these girls learn. It feels like I have just always known how to swim, so I think- just do it girls, but I guess everyone has to learn in their own way and I am very proud of the steps they have made. We will be taking round two at the end of July.

Lastly but not leastly I wish a big GOOD LUCK to the Team Griffiths ITBanders going into their Bone Relay Race in Idaho tomorrow!!! Smoke those Jardine's and bring home the victory medal!!!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Hey! That's not nice! Go Jardines!

Michelle said...

Great job girls!

Amber said...

Boy lifeguards really are the best!! I had a few growing up and I had crushes on all of them... We are up here in Idaho and can't wait for the big race tomorrow. We'll cheer everyone on!

Audrey said...

Cute cute girls!! I have no advice on passing swim lessons since Carter, who will do a back flip at our pool, wouldn't put his face in either and didn't pass last week. Guess they just have a mind of their own. :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!! and glad to see the Avery is doing better.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have seen more pus lips or camel toes these 3 really look so sexy just wish their little meat flaps would show