Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Delicate Heart, Enduring Spirit

I have many family, friends and neighbors who have been wanting an update on my dear sister Hillary's baby girl Avery. I thought I would link you all up to her blog today and let everyone know that 10 month old Avery is going in for her open heart surgery tomorrow (Thursday June 24th). Go over to Hillary's blog and give her and her husband Rand words of support and encouragement. All your thoughts, prayers, and concerns for this bundle of sweetness and joy will be wanted and needed to get them through this distressed time. Paul and I and the girls just love this little one so much, even though we haven't been able to meet her in person yet. Our hopes and knowledge are that she will come through this with flying colors! Her little body will be more healthy and strong and she will be more able to reach her full potential in life. Not to mention she will then be able to make the trip out west to let us smother her with family love that only Aunts, Uncles, and cousins can give!!!Avery you are in our prayers tonight, tomorrow and throughout your recovery process. May your doctors hands be guided and inspired, may your heart be strong, and may your parents be given the peace in their hearts that they so desperately deserve- We love you!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a hard thing for a little baby (and her family) to go through! Hope all goes well.

Michelle said...

Oh, I didn't see this post until today - so I'm a bit late. But, I will keep Avery and Hillary in my prayers. What a precious picture, I am sure she is a joy!!