Saturday, February 20, 2010

A whole lotta somethin'

Man, this past week has just flown by! Busy busy busy! I have hit the pillow very exhausted each night only to get up bright and early to do more again the next day. What have we been up to over here you ask? Well for starters I will share a little of Valentine's day:Pink heart pancakes.More treats than any 7 year old should have in her possession!

Then we started in on the basement bathroom construction. I am very excited to get this completed, but it is always ALOT of work and I feel it is the ultimate test of our marriage!!! We don't always see eye to eye in the moment but fundamentally we work together very well. Now when I say that I use the words "work together" very loosely, what I should be telling you is I design and plan and say yeah/nay on the placement and finishes of things, while Paul does all the work and showcases his never ending wealth of talents!!I wish I had taken a before picture but I didn't think about it until he had already started framing:
We have all the framing done now, the electrical in and he is breaking up the floor for the plumbing. It isn't in picture taking shape yet, but I will continue to document the process as we go along. OH the visions in my head, it is going to be glorious!

Next up Abby has been playing her indoor soccer- totally enjoying it, but the team isn't doing so hot and she is beginning to get frustrated because she like to WIN, not lose!!! However, she is playing her position well and learning a lot and I think she will be in great condition to begin Spring soccer next month. Here she is in action (in case you are confused she is in red!):Take that ball!!

Amid all the construction projects each day I have been helping in the school classroom, visit teaching, planning Liv's birthday, continuing in my triathlon training each morning, carpooling, doing homework, helping with piano, oh, and scrapbooking. Paul's Valentine's gift to me was a gift card to Shutterfly to have Liv's book printed! With the 40% off photo books and free shipping promo they were running coming to a close on the 17th I had to hurry and get it done, but I completed the finish work and it is on it's way! I am very excited! With that monopolizing most my creative time I have slacked somewhat this last two weeks in creating new layouts, but I have made progress and here are a couple layouts to prove it:

So, as always when we dive into a new project (they do seem to be never ending with us), send me all your patience and sense of calm you can manage without, because I will be needing them!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for the shutterfly gift card. I LOVE it when you have new books to look through. The LOs are adorable, as always!!

Hooray for the bathroom too! Luckily, there isn't anything that Paul can't do around the house. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

JJ said...

Wow. You guys have been busy. I heard about the bathroom. I'm sure you can't wait and I can't wait to see it.

Amber said...

Those pancakes looked delicious and I love construction projects! Mostly I just love seeing how things progress and how they turn out. Keep the project posted!!

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you guys to get your bathroom done!

Those heart pancakes look so GOOD! I want some!

Next time we come down, I want to see the new book--I love looking at your work up close and personal!

Good luck with your busy life!