Friday, October 19, 2012

365+1 Week 41

We have been doing a lot of fun stuff around here, so let's just get to the sharing shall we :)

Photo's #281-287:

After harvesting the giant pumpkins, it was now time to harvest all four of Abby's giant sunflowers! These blooms were HUGE and they produce a massive amount of seeds. I'm talking half a garbage bag full of them! I talked her into only cleaning and roasting half of them and we are now up to our eyeballs in salted sunflower seeds- I just wish I liked eating them as much as she liked harvesting them.

I LOVE to put together puzzles.  As a child we spent many hours together as a family doing them.  My mother has an entire closet devoted to housing these puzzles collected over the years.  Even now, each holiday get together involves a puzzle out on the card table for everyone to sit around, laugh, joke and just visit.  I know, the Griffiths REALLY know how to PARTY!!  HA HA!! But it is happy memories to me and I am happy to say that my children seem to enjoy it as well.  This last weekend Olivia and I put this lovely fall scene together and then sat back and smiled at our accomplishment!

My new washer and dryer arrived today.  After being without them for a week and having to do laundry at my parents, it wasn't a day to soon!  They are new and different and work like a dream.  Now if I could just get everyone to stop watching the clothes washing and drying and out of the laundry room that would be great!! New is always a wonderful color!

I know you wish you were with me on the soccer carpool to witness our very own concert as Abby and teammate Amber did there best impersonations of Neon Trees while belting out "Every Body Talks". Times that MUST be remembered.

Fall Break is officially underway and I couldn't think of a better way to start it off then a picnic lunch up AF Canyon for the Annual photo shoot.  This picture just captures the afternoon- joy, laughter, exploration and drop dead gorgeous scenery to envelop our senses.

This afternoon while the little ones were out on a play date with friends Abby and I decided to get our creativity on! I can not take credit for the idea of these little pieces of complete cuteness (I saw them being made on Studio 5) but we did have a blast putting them together.  Moon Pies and Oreo eyes- so perfect! I mean really, our family portrayed in owl form- perfection! Can you tell hoo is hoo?

"Landscape" was my prompt today.  I spent the entire day with the girls cleaning our house from top to bottom.  No surface was left untouched. But while we were scrubbing away and it was cold and drizzly outside my mind went back to our fun day earlier this week and the breathtaking view that was Tibble Fork Reservoir  that crisp fall afternoon.  Just lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment

amberdat said...

i love the picture you took of your new dryer! the reflection of you in the door is super cool. great photography skills on that one! the owls are adorable. what a fun little treat! and you need to post the rest of your annual fall photo shoot. i always love seeing the pictures. olivia looks adorable in her cute little sweater dress and boots!