Wednesday, February 15, 2012

365+1 Week 6

What a great week we had around here- lots of fun goings on at this house. I told you all that I would keep you posted about how my sugar and fast food free diet was going. Well, after one month I weighed in and to my complete delight discovered that I had lost 5 pounds!! Truthfully I was hoping for at least 1 or 2 so this was a happy development and pushed me to keep going with it. I do realize that it was just "I have been eating like crap" weight, so I hope by the end of this month my progress will have continued and not come to a halt, we will see!

Days 36-42:

Superbowl Sunday! This is a calendar holiday in our house, as with several of our friends. We love to get together no matter who is playing and have good food and good conversation with lots of inappropriate talk and laughs!!

Eva already getting into the "Bal-um-times" spirit!!

"Button" How many do you press each day- this is just a sampling starting out with my snooze each morning. These are items that I use on a daily basis and would be lost without.

Preschool is learning about LOVE this week in prepartation for the Class Party next week. Eva came home today with this darling piece after reading one of my all time favorites "Guess how much I love you" by Sam McBratney. I purchased our copy when I was still pregnant with Abby and all three girls still love to have it read to them at bed time.

Abby has been saving her money for several months now. What was she saving for you ask? Well, she wanted an electric motor scooter. They are a bit pricy, so I told her if she could earn and save $100 dollars I would kick in the rest and she could have this most prized possession. She cleaned, took out the trash, and babysat like a dream, reaching her goal MUCH sooner than I ever expected. Today we took the cash to the bank and then went to purchase that fun scooter and a new helmet to keep her safe on the road!!

Grandparents Day at Olivia's school. She couldn't even sleep the night before with all the anticipation for this event. Grandma Davis came down and Grandma Griffiths was even able to stop in and join the fun during the day. Such a lucky girl to have both Grandmother's close by to shower her with love and affection!!

My niece Tia (who happens to be a Senior and turning 18 this spring, I am getting SOOO old) asked me to do her hair and take the group and couples pictures for the Sweetheart Dance this Saturday. My amazing photographer friend lent me her back drop frame and props- thanks again Tina!! Abby let me test shoot the lighting on her as we waited for the date's to arrive. It was fun, but a little bit stressful!!

No comments: