Monday, June 6, 2011

The Big Show

Sorry about the extreme absence! My computer was out on a total rebuild for over a week and then I have had a husband laid up on my couch for another 2 weeks. But things are starting to heal, life is slowing down with all the girls out of school and ready to play the days away with friends and activities in the beautiful sunshine that has finally arrived in our town.

I must back track a bit and document the highlight of Olivia's spring. She has been taking her fun tap and ballet class every week since November. She FULLY enjoys it! She loves to move to the music and I have to say she is pretty darn good at it for a 6 year old. May 20th was her big concert debut and she looked so darling with her hair all curled, lip gloss on and dressed in her new PINK dance outfit.

She said that she was nervous as they lined up behind the curtain to take the stage for the first performance of the night- but you never would have guessed from the audience- she was poised and new ALL the moves!

She shuffle stepped, ball changed and tapped across the floor for two songs

Then she toe pointed, turned and leaped in beautiful form for two moreShe was just beaming at the end of the evening and my heart was full to see the joy in her darling face! Her Dad and I presented her with some flowers and you would have thought she had just won an Olympic Gold Medal!! We just love this little girl!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

What a sweet little thing!

Jill said...

Sooo cute! Let's get the kids together and go to the park soon!

Megan said...

oh, Oh, OH!! So cute!

Hildie said...

I love dance recitals (but not the lessons, buying the costume and all the other stuff that goes into it!)

Amber said...

I love that little lady in pink!! I wish so badly that I could have been there to see her perform. Give her a big hug from me!