Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pageantry and Tradition

And the month begins. This week I feel very busy, lists have been made (I'm not even a listy kind of person), my calendar is marked up and we will see if I can make it through this week! My month of holiday festivities officially started last Thursday when we attended Olivia's theatrical debut in her Kindergarten Devotional.
Those lucky little ones get to do the Christmas themed one each year and Livvy was so excited. I was surprised at her confidence on stage, she is a pretty shy little girl, but she jumped right up and delivered her line clear and precise without any hesitation. She really wanted to be an Angel and play the musical instruments (like Abby did when she participated) but she was assigned the part of a stable girl who swept it out in preparation for the savior's arrival- they sang the song "A Stable Fit For a King". It was cute and she did a wonderful job!

Next we had the Ward Christmas Breakfast on Saturday- and we even made it in time to actually sit and have some food this year!!! High fives all around for that accomplishment!!

The girls had been preparing for their meeting with Santa all week. They wrote down their wish list and took it with them that morning. This was to help them discuss what they really wanted without anything being forgotten or lost in translation. That darling Santa had them place each list in his sack to take back to the north pole- he didn't want to make any mistakes on Christmas Eve!!
Up next? I get to help Abby's class build and decorate Gingerbread houses and then I will be at Liv's school helping with the Teddy Bear Hug Service Project they do every year to benefit a Homeless shelter in Ogden- I look forward to both!!

3 comments:

Sarah F. said...

Liv's program looked wonderful. I went to a concert a month or so ago at her school and it is amazing! It is so nice inside. Seriously, having them put their lists in Santa's bag is fabulous. That Santa is the best!

Amber said...

Such a cute santa! And cute little girls as well!! I wish I could have been there to see Liv give her part!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures. I've never seen such a sweet Christmas devotional! Great costumes.

Great job little Livvy, I'm sure you were wonderful!