Tuesday, December 8, 2009

California Dreamin'

With our temperatures now plummeting into the teens, along with falling snow and Christmas parties galore scheduled the rest of this week I have decided to take a vacation in my mind- back to California, back to sunny days with temps in the low 70's. Morning runs outside amid the glorious coastal breezes. Jazzercising the pie away under Audrey's instruction! Lazy afternoons spent at the park or gliding around in the pool. Time spent with our cousin sister's (and brother!) who played well into the night. There was no need to entertain, the children took care of themselves!!

Memories of a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, sitting around a full and delicious table talking and laughing and feeling content with such wonderful family around.My mind floods with highlights of our day spent in Santa Barbra picnicking at the beach amid beach Volley Ball and Frisbee. (even though some thought it was cold! Crazy people!) Lazily strolling the paths of the zoo, awaiting the animal surprises around each corner, and slipping down Ant Hill on cardboard boxes (truly the highlight of the day!).Lights and music crowd the senses as I wonder who can resist a Vintage old town Carousel? Nobody I tell you!! Smiles abound.I am filled with peaceful sounds of waves crashing and infusing with giggles and delight as the cousins attempt to keep their clothing dry from the encroaching waves while the sun gives it final golden farewell.Visions of Liv walking off into the sunset with Uncle Kevin at her side on a hunt for lost treasures lapped to shore by the foaming waves.It was delightful, warm, relaxing, comfort:
A Wilson Thanksgiving at its best!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

First of all, it looks like you guys all had a great time. I'm glad you go the opportunity to go. Second, Bree, you look amazing! I sure hope you plan on writing down how you've managed to do that seeing as how come June I'm going to need to drop over 60 pounds!

Michelle said...

If you were hoping to make me very jealous of the nice weather you have succeeded. On days like today I just keep telling myself that summer will come again eventually! :)

What great pictures. Looks like lots of fun!

Audrey said...

Thank you soooo much for posting our fun pics! We had such a blast with you and your little girls. Wish you could come every year! and just so you know, my girls now record the Price is Right every day. :) So glad that Livy is doing better!! Poor little thing.

Amber said...

I think next time you go, I'll pack myself in your suitcase.

Jennifer said...

Oh! I am so jealous! That just looks wonderful!

And since I hadn't read blogs for a while, I'm also going to comment on your previous post--I am so glad that Liv is alright. That is so scary for you guys!