Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back

Sorry for being slow to post. I always find myself doing this after a vacation.

Yes, Paul and I took a fun little weekend get away last weekend in celebration of my birthday. He asked me what I wanted and I told him- to go away, be away, just him and me, all to myself. No work, no kids, no responsibilities, with sunshine- and he provided. It was wonderful. We slept, we ate, we played golf, we reconnected, we had a blast. As we awoke Sunday morning Paul leaned over and said "I don't want to go back". It was a great break, the only thing that could make us return was the anticipated smiling faces of our sweeties. So, like all good things, it came to an end. Far to quickly we were right back into life and all that it brings. Do you find yourself ever feeling this way? Why can't life just ease us back in after a brief reprieve? Why does it come to such a screeching halt!

Laundry, cooking, cleaning, dishes, shopping, carpool, exercise, sleepless nights...

I guess I will just focus on the good things. The ability to run away together for a moment because I have AMAZING in laws, for little hugs and kisses, for laying around in pajamas with Eva all day, for chocolate dipping pretzels with Liv, for laughing with Abby at silly things, for a girls night out with friends, for a treadmill that just keeps spinning, for TiVo and it's ability to let Paul and I unwind at the end of the day together.

It is the ebb and flow of life, it is what makes it all worthwile.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Your posts are so profound. I love the way you talk about life. Glad you had a fun trip!

Kelly said...

A weekend away does sound wonderful! I'm glad you had a good time. Did you golf too? I've been thinking that would be fun to get into. Life does seem to come crashing back at you after a break, but then it's almost worse I think? It's good you have so many positives to keep you going.

Amber said...

Trace and I need one of those! :) Sounded amazing.

Michelle said...

Glad you guys had fun! I hope you had fun golfing. Tell us more! :)