Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer 2013 - July Edition

I know!! Twice in one week - I can hardly believe it myself.  It's another HUGE post, because, well, I can't edit down my photo's very well!! I just love too many of them.  Just know that I have MANY more I would like to share :) So sorry - but ENJOY!!

July 2013:

Technically this happened in June, being the very last weekend of June, but it was our annual bake sale/lemonade stand that we do every year before the 4th of July holiday. You know, just to get everyone in the spirit.  Of course taste testings were happening:
and when the cookies were gone in an hour I went back to the kitchen and whipped up these cute little cherry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a few cherries to garnish on top.
They didn't last long either and the girls came in with a cup full of $25 in cash and coins!

The following week we celebrated the birth of our country with the Wilson's.  I have already shared lots of holiday photo's but we also went to see the "Despicable Me II" movie and spent a day at Seven Peaks together.
We had a great time- so much fun! Audrey and I even took a trip down the Boomerang slide together-
scared the crap out of us!! But we are now bonded together for life through our fear and survival :)
This ride happens to be Abby's favorite ride and she was able to convince Lizzy and Grace to ride it with her.   Here she is with Grace:

I like to call these kids "The Five Amigo's"
They are inseparable- together from sun up to sun down this entire summer!  It was decided that we put a walk through in our fence so that they could just play together in the backyard without running through the house all the time. BEST thing we have done in a long time!!

Next up we did one of the most anticipated events of the summer.  Our LAGOON DAY had finally arrived!!
Abby has been wanting to go for- I don't know- EVER!!
All I had with me was my cell phone, so these pictures aren't the best, but they work. We had the time of our lives together as a family!! All three girls were so great- walked the entire day without complaining, no stroller needed and no tears. Everyone went on all the rides and were so adventurous. It seems I didn't take any pictures of the "Big" roller coaster rides that we went on.  I suppose we were just having to much fun to stop and be bothered with that!!



We went with my brother Cory and his family and this just made the day even better.  We arrived around noon and stayed until the park closed at 11:00pm that night.
Bombora and the Dragonfly were the favorite rides for Eva. Abby LOVED Colossus and Wicked. Olivia also LOVED Wicked and she liked the over head sky tram.
And then they crashed in the car. A total sign of a good day!!! :)

After that we spent the following weekend camping at Payson Lakes with my brother Cory's family, my parents, and my brother Kelly's family joined us on Saturday to play and have fun.
This lake is so beautiful and we enjoyed swimming, eating and paddling around on Cory's Paddle Boards.

Then we went again to Seven Peaks, but this time we took my brother Brandon's kids with us.
Grandpa joined us later that evening and all the grandkids wanted him to ride with them! He is just the most fun Grandpa a kid could have.  Abby even got him on the Boomerang ride
as well as down the Jagged Falls yellow slide.
In fact, by the end of the night, Grandpa, Abby, Laurynn, and Olivia were thrill seeking it down that slide one after another!

Finally, to close out our exciting month, Abby competed in two soccer tournaments.  They played very well in the Utah Invitational finishing in 2nd place:
And the next tournament was up in Park City.  I was out of town for the entire event (up at Flaming Gorge for Girls Camp) so I don't have any photo's.  The competition proved to be more intense this round and they finished in 4th place but she had a great time driving back and forth with her dad and going out to eat just the two of them. Eva and Liv were gone having too much fun at my parents house that week!!

And that (take a breath) wraps up July!!

1 comment:

Randy said...

yay, yay, yay for posts and lots of pictures!! (I know, I know. I should do the same) What a super fun summer!!