Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let's catch each other up!

Alright, I've been kicking myself for weeks to get a new post up- what? You are still enjoying that we are stuck at Easter here on the blog?  Well, I am tired of looking at the same pictures when I pop in here to check out what you have all been up to!

Naturally we have been doing ALOT over here these last 8 weeks.  Where to begin, where to begin? So I decided to do a series of quick (or not so quick) posts that highlight each of my girls and their grand accomplishments throughout spring, putting us nicely ready to highlight this fantastic summer ahead of us.

So lets begin!! First up, because she is my first born, is Abby:

For starters, I need to answer all of your questions about her science project!  Oh yeah, that thing I was alluding to so long ago. Well, she did a fantastic job putting the scientific method into practice finding out which battery brand last the longest and which brand is the best value. And she received the highest level ribbon for her work.

Results:  Duracell was the leader in performance. However, Kirkland brand was so close in longevity while having a lower price point thus making it the winner for best value.  (nice to know I have been spending my money so wisely all these years!)

At the end of Feb. she had her class Devotional Presentation.  In the fourth grade the students study Utah History.  This was great because they took 8 field trips during the school year to discover and have a hands on look at the things they were learning about.  Thus the theme of the play reflected all they had learned.

Abby did a great job delivering her lines about the Prophet Brigham Young and the values he taught to the people as they made the trek west.

Her soccer team competed in an Indoor full size field league up in Salt Lake.


She loved this venue, playing in the "bubble" was so cool to the entire team.  They were playing teams a year older and they finished in 4th place, I was pretty proud of them.

For spring break we went up to visit my grandparents in Shelley Idaho.

My girls have never spent this kind of one on one time with them before.  They were spoiled rotten by the greats!! They had pies and Ice cream of every kind for them daily and we crafted together, went to the Idaho Falls Museum with my Aunt Bonnie and cousins, played at the park, and went to dinner with Uncle Stan and Aunt Donna.  It was so relaxing and fun.
This was my favorite picture of the trip.  Paul had it right when he said "This photo could have been taken 30 years ago of you and your sisters and it would have looked exactly the same".  So true!!

Mother's Day-

Just a photo to show me with my girls- love them to pieces and they showered me with thoughtful love all day.

Abby made this plate for me in her Activity Days group- I will love putting it out on display every year :)

Every May the school has Shakespeare Week. A celebration of the time, and masterful writings of this great author and poet.  Everyone in the school dresses up in period clothing and focus on it in their History, geography, and writing classes.  Everyday they attend an act in the play of choice, this year it was "Comedy of Errors" performed by the 8th grade.
 Because Abby has grown so much, it was time to make her some new costumes.  Because my mother was still recovering from her broken arm I had to do the majority of the sewing- this was new! We made two white under gowns and then a Purple, Blue, and Orange over dress.  I think they turned out so well.  She LOVED them and really that is all that matters
.
Outdoor soccer and Soccer Academy started up again in March and played until the last week of May.
She was in her final session of Academy- they were the graduating seniors and had a fun goodbye party from their coaches and the younger girls.
 She will miss the fun times they had together as they worked together in their skills training.
This is Coach "Gel", Abby loved her so much and she was so great with Abby over the three years they worked together at Academy.

This season her competition team was back in the girls league playing their own age again.   The team did so well and finished the season as Division Champs- Go Storm!!
Of course the Trophy was really what it was all about to this girl!!!

I DIE over this picture when we found her crashed that night on the couch after the championship game-
  Oh to be 10 again when "All was right with the world"!!

After that, last week we had to endure tryouts for the U11 team.  I don't handle the pressure very well, with 52 girls trying to impress and snag one of the 12 spots on the team! But Abby is a seasoned veteran at this point and rose to the challenge and once again made the team she really wanted to be a part of.
Way to to go Abby, we are so proud of you and all you are doing!!

And then it was the end of the 4th grade.
 Abby is so sad to say goodbye to Mrs Knight :(  Seriously the BEST teacher she ever had!  Also her best friend Natalie is moving back to Tennessee this summer:( but she left with her usual heaping pile of academic awards and we couldn't be more proud at how well she did this year in her school work!

And NOW Abby is ready for summer!!!

2 comments:

amberdat said...

how fun. i can't believe how big she is. you need to post more so that she doesn't grow a foot every new picture I see her in! can't wait to see you next month! are you guys going to be around for the 4th? are the festivities at your house this year??

Laura said...

Thank you Abby for confirming my choice in batteries! I've always wondered if I was getting less bang for my buck buying Kirkland, but NOW I know! What an amazing girl!