Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Volcanic Eruption

Wow, that was a posting break!!! I am so tired of seeing that last post, I'm sure you are as well :) To be honest, now that I'm not doing my Project 365 anymore I just don't know what to post!! I have been doing that for an entire year and now I just feel kind of lost creatively.  Paul told me I should just keep doing the photo a day then, but I don't need the self inflicted pressure of not completing it right now :)

 Lucky for you this last week Olivia set about making a volcano project for her science class at school.  She was thrilled with the idea of creating her own masterpiece and having it erupt in front of her class in all it's gooey goodness glory. I'm sure in her mind it was going to be EPIC!!

Paul came up with the master design plan of water bottle/cardboard structure and to then cover it in  paper-mache'.

After that was completely dry, I gave her the paints and she went to town for, oh, 3 hours at least!!

Then she took it to class to show it off and see what all the other kids created.

Finally it was Olivia's turn to erupt her volcano

Perfection! She was delighted with the results!

No comments: