Saturday, December 24, 2011

Illumination...

Can you believe that Christmas comes tonight? I am SOO excited for the arrival of Santa, the girls are going to go out of their minds with all the good things he has in store for them- I only hope I can get it documented well on film!!!
In preparation for the holiday my days have been filled with many joyous things, including much shopping, gifting to neighbors, friends and teachers, School sings, class parties, going to see the new Chipmunk movie with the girls, making gingerbread houses (completely complicated by the way!!), making little girl holiday skirts (another post when I get the time), and finally getting the girls up to Salt Lake City to see the lights at Temple Square. Do you know that we have never taken them before? Sadly it is true!! In our defense, every year we get snowed out, or we drop into an intense deep freeze with dense fog. But this year, it was meant to be! With clear sky's and the air only dropping into the mild 20's, we made it!!!I must add how wonderful these girls of ours were!! Not a complaint in the bunch, they walked the entire time, and loved all the beauty that was unfolding around them.My skills as an extremely low light photographer are lacking to say the least. However, by putting on my new 50mm fixed lens (thanks Paul for the birthday present, LOVE IT) which lets in more light and bumping up the ISO we were able to get some keepers.Did you go to a lights display this year? I love this outing, we listened sang our hearts out to Christmas music all the way up and all the way back home. Then we tucked the girls into bed with gentle smiles on their lips and quietly made our way downstairs so I could snuggle in with my Paul and watch "Christmas Vacation"- a tradition around here!Merry Christmas everyone- I hope it is Merry and Bright!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Your photos turned out beautifully! The lights are just magical.