Friday, February 15, 2008

Has a week gone by?

Where does the time go these days? Well I guess between all the mundane daily activities that my life mainly consists of (dishes, laundry, making beds, fixing meals, cleaning bathrooms, you get the idea) time does go by. Lucky for me I also get my two hours of heaven most days in which I am able to dive into my scrapbooking passion! I have found recently that it is a great way for me to get together with many of my family and friends that are in the area but because of the before mentioned things, we just don't see each other that often. My sister-in-law Jill came over for a lesson (and told me that she has started a blog as well, but won't give me the link until she has it "up to par" as she says!). My sister Shamae is cruising right along, her pages she has shown me are great, and for never scrapbooking before I am very proud of her for diving in to the challenge! One of my roommates from college(yes, many many years ago!) came over and I had a fun time showing her the ropes. Head on over to her blog (Laura at the right) to see some of her first pages!! As for myself, I have been completely enjoying my first month as a Supreme, here are my latest pages for them:

I made this fun layout with Jerianne's baby boy Brogan and using Andrea Gold's "Brothers" kitThis is of sweet little Brody (Will and Kelly's little guy) using ScrapShana's "Cool Dude" kitand I did this one of Little Brogan again, this time using Theresa's "MyShining Star kit"Here is the two page version of the one I uploaded to the gallery using Amy Leigh's "Moraccan Bazaar " kit
Finally here is Abby's Five year old pictures (not using a single thing from GDS just to mix it up!)

So as you can see, many of my kits have been boy themed. I find this really fun to do since everything in my house is girly. My only problem is coming up with pictures of boys to showcase in the layouts. So, here is my call to all of you family and friends that read - email me a picture of your boy or boys that you would like done with one of these fun kits, I am needing to build my gallery and I would like to submit some more layouts!! (of course I will send you the finished page to keep)
Thanks for your help!!
As always, have a great weekend! We are not suppose to storm for an entire week and I am looking forward to it!!

11 comments:

JJ said...

How about I send you all my boy photos? I'm very far behind on all my pictures so how 'bout I just hand those off to ya?

See you at spinning tomorrow bright and early.

Jennifer said...

I'm excited that Jill has started a blog, too! I can't wait until she'll give us the link. It will be nice to know more about what's going on with those guys! Thanks for starting such a great trend in our family, Bree!

I love all of your layouts, but my favorite is Abby's five-year pages. I love the colors, and I love the curled edges on the papers. Eva's pages are super cute, too. I can't believe how big she's getting!

Well, perhaps I will send you some pictures of my little boys. But, from Jerianne's comment, it sounds as if you'll be quite busy with Brogan's pictures for now! He's a real cutie in those layouts you did with his pics.

Audrey said...

ok I quit reading this post after hearing that you get 2hours a day to scrapbook. I was too green to continue. (just kidding - not really) Your pages are fantastic,and it is great to see some boy layouts from you!! Just more things for me to copy. If I could get Carter to hold still, I would send you a bunch. Abby carries Paul's face expression in most of her photos. It's uncanny.

Laura said...

Thanks again for helping me to start scrapbooking. I am loving it! I was just going to tell you that if you ever need boy pictures you can click on a picture in any blog and then save them to your own computer. So if you ever want a picture of Beck, feel free to grab one from my blog. :)

Amber said...

You are still amazing... even with the boy pages! I love how Brogan pops out of the page on the first layout! I also really like the star page. The colors are so cute and I love the star details at the top corner of the picture. Your girls' pages looks adorable as ever. I especially love the layout of Abby on the second page. The ribbon wrapped around all those sweet pictures just finishes it off. Beautiful! I'll send you a picture of Tank! My sister would love me to scrapbook all of his. But since I am still trying to catch up on mine, I declined. She'll like to see a page though. Maybe then you can convince her to start her own!

Paulene Davis said...

Your work continues to be outstanding. GDS is very lucky to have such a talented designer and we are very lucky to have you post your layouts so we can fill our idea folder with them.

Kelly said...

Great pages as always! I'm with Audrey though, where do you find two hours. I guess you have better behaved children than I do or you stay up much later than I would. I'm glad you do it though, because you are very good! I'd be happy to send you a ton of pictures of my boys, but after that offer you will probably be bombarded.

Michelle said...

So cute! Love Eva's 14 month pages-- cool color scheme. Some day I want to create as beautiful things as you do!
P.S. You are awesome at boy pages -- maybe you need one. ;)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I wish I had a boy to send you some pictures, because I LOVE your style! All of your pages look SOOO good!!! I may have to suck it up and buy some of those kits from GDS, because they look so cute!!!

Linda Clark said...

Again, in awe of the pages you create. I would send you my baby boy pictures to do, but he is 21 and a bit large (the size of your Paul).

Jessica said...

I love that cool dude kit! The patterns are really great and I love what you did with it. Brody doesn't make a bad subject to work with either :) I love your pages and aspire to create some like that...someday!